Frequently Asked Questions

Please do not hesitate to contact us on 5243 7773 with further questions

Do I Need a Referral?

A referral from a General Practitioner (GP) usually allows access to fund the majority of the appointment (Mental Health Care Plan via the Better Access Scheme, NDIS, Chronic Disease Management, other Medicare schemes). Private Health Insurance can cover some services however this would need to be clarified with individual health funds. Options vary depending on the service you are seeking.

How Do I Make An Appointment?

You can arrange an appointment with a Psychologist, Sexologist or OT simply by ringing us at Barwon Consulting Suites on 5243 7773.

How Much Do Sessions Cost?

Session prices vary depending on eligibility for rebate and individual circumstances. A good point to start is by getting a referral from your GP for example those accessing support from one of our psychologists can access a Mental Health Care Plan. Other funding streams include NDIS, Chronic Disease Management, other Medicare schemes, private health insurance, Worksafe, and TAC.

What is a Psychologist vs a Counsellor

Our Clinical Psychologists are formally trained via a Masters or higher education in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment for a range of mental health concerns. Clinical Psychologists devise individualized evidence-based psychological treatment and support in collaboration with the individual to ensure a collaborative and individually tailored approach.

Do Psychologists prescribe medication?

No Psychologists do not prescribe medication. Psychologists are trained in evidence-based psychological interventions and strategies without prescribing medication.

How long do I have to Wait for an appointment?

We endeavour to see people within two weeks.

Do you complete Disability Support Pension applications?

We do not see clients for the sole purpose of completing a DSP application.